I was never good with binary numbers, so I had to google to find out that 1111 is 15 in binary code. Yes, I never liked maths (which we commonly pronounced in my country as Mets. And I have no idea why).
Anyways, I would like to thank all my 1111 followers 🙂 I hope all of you would stick around till I hit 2222!
Thank you for reading, spending your time, and your kindness for giving my works a shot.
Now that I’m moving more towards originals, I somewhat have a fear that you won’t enjoy it. Because posting up originals means unfamiliarity to you guys, and it feels like a risky move. So if you are still around, reading my latest original series, I really want to thank you for it 🙂
There is no doubt that have I garnered most of my followers from my fan fictions, but like I said before, a writer always have to move forward. I won’t be stopping with fan fics, don’t worry, because I still believe it is a perfect platform to practice my writing.
So… you’re probably wondering why I pointed out that 1111 = 15, well, I have been nominated for different awards since I started my blog, but I never took on any because I wanted my blog to be professional instead of personal. Since I have the chance now, I might as well give you guys 15 random things about myself to make up for it 🙂
(I would have done a video for this, but I was too lazy to shoot and edit it. It takes a couple of hours for the whole process and I have my second novel prioritized right now.)
Here goes the 15!
1. I’m a lazy reader. I like reading but SOMETIMES I rather stare at my wallpaper than read.
2. I occasionally host for my church’s weekly broadcast. My mom suggested I apply a job as a newscaster, but I still don’t know if I should. I’ll link a video of my latest hosting on my twitter page this weekend, so do check it out and let me know what you think.
3. I like playing computer games. My favourite game ‘type’ is first person shooter. I play CS, SA, Halo, L4D/2 with cheat codes embedded in my brain, and COD when given the chance. Surprising huh?
4. I just turned 22 last December, I’m from Malaysia and I’m Chinese. I did not want to reveal my age, country and race before because I was trying to escape the stereotype. It’s hard to compete in a world where most famous authors are not Asians, and I did not want my readers to assume before they read my works.
5. I can speak English, and ‘city’ Malay that incorporates English. No, I can’t speak Chinese. If I ever attempted, it will be a mix of three dialects and I would sound ridikulus.
6. I enjoy Hong Kong TVB dramas. It teaches me Cantonese, and its predictably entertaining.
7. My favourite colours are yellow and green. My shortest colour pencils are always the yellow ones.
8. I used to write in British English, like I am right now, but the red lines underneath the words bothered me so I converted.
9. I’m in Slytherin. I always knew I was.
10. I’m good in poker, when it does not involve real money. And I’m also really good in Bluff, which explains why I’m in Slytherin.
11. Since we’re on the Harry Potter topic, my favourite HP book is Goblet of Fire. I just love the thought of other Wizarding schools.
12. I have visited many countries around the world (Venice, Germany, France, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, to name a few) when I was around the age of two. I remember nothing.
13. In high school, I wrote more poems than stories. Two of my poems were published in the local newspaper, and I believe it was because it had a depressing theme. The titles were ‘Death’ and ‘If’.
14. R. L Stine was the only author I used to read every book I can find. And Owl City is the only musician/singer I enjoy every song released.
15. I completed my first TV series pilot script in 2008. And I hope to be able to produce it, as well as turn my novels into films one day.
Well, that’s all 15!
Thanks once again for your support! If you have any questions you would like me to answer in video, ask with the hashtag #askjeynagrace on twitter. If there are quite a number of questions, I’ll do a video 🙂
Have an awesome day 🙂